Shocker, another chicken dinner stuffed with some cheese and other random things. I finally got a meat tenderizer so it's a little easier to pound the meat down and can give my poor rolling pin a rest.
After you've tenderized your meat, fill with spinach & mozzarella balls. Unlike the Chicken Cordon Bleu, you will fold these in half instead of rolling them. With this, toothpicks are a must in my opinion.
Place stuffed chicken on some form of non-stick pan (or foil with non stick spray). Place in the oven at 450 for about 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken).
Serve on top of a salad (left) or with pasta & garlic bread (right). Enjoyy!
- 2 chicken breasts (for simplicity sake, I bought pre-season chicken)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Mozzarella ball
- Optional: salad, pasta, or garlic bread
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Flatten chicken breast down to 1/2 inch with meat tenderizer
- Stuff chicken with fresh baby spinach and chunks of mozzarella ball
- Fold chicken in half and secure with toothpicks
- Spray cookie sheet/line with foil and place in oven for 15-20 minutes.