SOBA NOODLES ARE MY FAVORITE.
There's something about soba noodles that make me want to curl up in a ball on the couch, with a glass of wine, and a heaping bowl of Asian flavored goodness. One major reason may be that stir fry was my go-to in college, and of course the noodles were the main show. This was usually paired with a few glasses of wine, and a piece of carrot cake...I mean it WAS college.
Anyways, I came across this recipe from Pinch of Yum and decided to go with it. I was super hesitant because every time I try to make Asian/Japanese inspired food, I feel like the flavors don't quite match up...there's always something missing. Thankfully that was not the case with this sauce, it is delicious. I actually ended up whipping up some more at the end to make it extra saucy.
The best part is you can really do whatever you want with this dish - I think versatile meals have become a staple for me. They are easy to change up so you can repeat them without getting boring and the best part, I can make something Ethan likes that I want to eat as well. With this dish, I added in carrots, cucumbers, edamame, and all of the zoodles for my bowl.
What you're gonna need:
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (I use a fresh paste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cucumber shredded (can swap for other veggies, too)
- 3 large carrots shredded
- 1 bag edamame
What you need to do:
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce, except sesame seeds & red pepper flakes. You can either process this in a food processer or just mix well until combined. Stir in sesame seeds & red pepper flakes
- Cook the chicken, when almost finished pour in 1/3 of the sauce
- Remove chicken & shred
- Place the chicken back in the pan, add soba noodles, sauce, cucumbers, carrots, and edamame
- Top with extra sesame seeds & red pepper flakes
* I loath shredding chicken, it just bothers me - I don't know why. I am half tempted to make the chicken in the crockpot and then continue, we will see.
* I add in zoodles to my bowl and top with this goodness - I mean I'm all about the volume