sprinkles are my best friend
Seriously, if something is cake batter flavored and/or has sprinkles i am going to be all over it, and lets be real shouldn't cake batter & sprinkles always go together? Anyways, I am always looking for a new sweet treat to take care of my constant sugar cravings. I have had my fair share of protein ice creams , which side note i just tried Enlightened Ice Cream in Sea Salt Caramel and it was unreal...globs of caramel and everything.
Back on Topic, sweet snacks. I think my Pinterest search tab is full of cake batter dessert recipes. Then I stumbled on Ambitious Kitchen's cake batter freezer fudge and thought I just had to give it a try. it calls for cashew butter, which I did Not have on Hand so I went with my trusty sunflower butter. Just grab some coconut oil, sunflower butter, syrup & Vanilla and throw into a sauce pan. Melt it all, add some sprinkles and then pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. freeze it for 30 minutes, take a knife (or your mouth) to it and you're done!
These are a good little healthy fat treat, They have more of a maple syrup taste to me than anything but I attest that to the fact that I didn't use Cashew butter (which is key for the cake batter taste).
look at all those sprinkles!
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter (cashew/peanut/almond butter)
- 3/4 coconut oil
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 TS vanilla
- sprinkles, sprinkles, sprinkles
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add all ingredients, except sprinkles, into a saucepan and stir into all melted and combined
- Add in as many sprinkles as you would like
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan & freeze for 30 minutes
- Cut up into cubes and store in an air tight container