When you need pizza, you need it NOW.
Sometimes, you're really craving the 'za but there are just not enough hours in the day to let those perfect balls of dough rise. I mean nothing beats the real deal, but if you're in a pinch a flatbread works as a great ready to go base.
BBQ and margherita were the lucky two - so I slapped our favorite barbecue sauce on one and olive oil on the other.
Then it was time to pile toppings until there was no more space. This is a great opportunity to use up that produce about to go bad or some leftovers. I had a mozzarella ball that needed to be used up and some leftover chicken so I knew I wanted to use those up. Cheese & shredded cheese on one / sliced tomatoes & mozza ball on the other.
...Now the hardest part, the oven minutes. I swear those bad boys are longer than treadmill minutes (and those are long!). These guys were cooked at 350 for about 15 minutes.
serving size - 1 (hungry person)
- 2 flatbreads
- "base coating"
-shredded cheddar & provolone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Top flatbreads with base coating of your choice
- Main toppings & cooking
- BBQ: top with cheese & diced chicken & place in oven for 15 minutes
- Margherita: Place oiled flatbread in oven for 5 minutes, top with sliced cheese & tomatoes / back in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- After both pizzas are cheesy & bubbly top them off!
- BBQ: drizzle bbq sauce
- Margherita: basil, salt & pepper
Another perk of the flatbreads is that they are small(er) than the normal pizza, so you are able to have more than one!