TWO VERSIONS OF AN EASY TERIYAKI DISH
My boy loves him some asian food, but to avoid going to get Hy-Vee Chinese every week I have started to implement some dishes into our weekly plan. This dish is a quick 30 minute fix up and easy to turn a little bit healthier by swapping out the noodles for zoodles!
Start with zucchini and turn them into zoodles - I either use my kitchen aid attachment or this hand held little guy. Both work like a charm.
Now time for the sauce...
Add some steamed broccoli, cooked soba noodles, and shredded chicken - top with sesame noodles andddd DONE!
- 1 package of soba noodles and/or 3 zucchinis
- 1-2 lbs chicken (depending on your preference - I precook and shred)
- 3 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 ts sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- If using zoodles - pre zoodle the zucchini
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and set aside for later
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 cup water then bring to a simmer. Stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened.
- Add in cooked chicken and steamed broccoli
- Stir in soba noodles (or zoodles) until cooked
- Garnish with sesame seeds