This is for two medium pies - usually a cake pan & a large pizza stone pie.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt (large grain)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of beer (light beer)
- 1 packet of yeast
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and olive oil
- In a medium size container/measuring glass, microwave beer until just over 100 degrees
- Whip the bber, with a fork, until beer foams up **cautious of container size as beer will foam up.
- Once beer has setlled, stir in yeast until dissolved
- Gradually pour into the dry ingredients
- Knead or mix (in mixer with dough hook) until one smooth clump **slightly tacky - if too sticky add more flour if too dry add water ---do so sparingly as little additions make big changes
- Let rise for about 4 hours on the counter with a damp towel covering the bowl. If you are in a hurry - put in the oven on warm still covered. If you are making it the next day - place in the fridge (still covered) & take out the day of and let get back to room temperature.
- Divide in two and spread on parchment paper or cake pan before topping!
Baking the pies
Cook 'em HOT HOT HOT - 490 is the go to temp, or as hot as your oven will get.
Cake Pan: 10-15 minutes, cover with foil for the first 8 minutes & then continue to bake until cheese is golden brown
Pizza Stone: 10-12 minutes, depending on how thick you've rolled it out.